Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening dear friends! A big and warm welcome back to The Quiet Pond!
At The Quiet Pond, our mission is to create a warm, safe, and welcoming space for all of our friends. Although many of you visit us frequently (and for that, we are forever grateful!), how cool and fun would it be if The Quiet Pond was even more interactive? What if you visited the Pond as your very own character?
Friends, I’d like to introduce to you the Our Friend Is Here feature!
What is ‘Our Friend is Here’?
Our Friend is Here is The Quiet Pond‘s newest ‘guest feature’ where we feature authors/writers, book-related artists and creators, book bloggers, booktubers, and bookstagrammers and get them to talk about something that they’re passionate about. Whether it’s their upcoming book, their journey as a book influencer, or even a recommendation post about their top three books, we want all of our friends to visit the Pond and speak your truth.
The Quiet Pond wants to promote you, the incredible work that you do (whatever it is that you do) and your passion for books/writing. We recognise that everyone has their own story, and we want to celebrate and promote your story and the amazing work that you do.
Who are you looking to feature?
One of the goals of The Quiet Pond is to uplift work by marginalised creators. In other words, we do our best to promote work by people who are genderqueer, identify as LGBTQIAP+, are disabled, people of colour, or intersections of a marginalised identity. In line with this goal, whilst we encourage everyone to apply, we will prioritise marginalised creators.
In saying that, this doesn’t mean that we only want our visitors to talk about their identity or their struggles or their pain (though if you do, that’s valid)! Visitors are encouraged to talk about anything that is book-ish related and that they are passionate about.
What do you mean by ‘visitor’?
The Quiet Pond is a fantasy-themed book blog where you, reader, are the main character in your visits to the Pond, and Our Friend is Here will allow you to visit for real – complete with your own ‘pond character’ that I will illustrate for you!
Others have visited the Pond in the past. To get an idea of what a visit might look like, have a look through the blog tour interview I did with Hanna Alkaf for her debut, The Weight of Our Sky, or maybe the time I invited all 14 authors of the Keep Faith anthology.
Some ideas on how we can collab!
- Are you an author or writer? We’d love to hear the book that you have written or are writing. We would love to help you promote that book, be a place where you can talk about something you’re passionate about, or perhaps Xiaolong can interview you!
- Are you a book blogger, booktuber, or bookstagrammer? We’d love to have you too, no matter how big or small your platform. Come visit the Pond and talk about your bookish corner, your journey as a book blogger/booktuber/bookstagrammer, or maybe even recommend us your top three favourite books!
- Or do you just want to visit the Pond? Maybe we can come up with a cool idea for a Story Time post!
What should I know before I apply?
We love having visitors at The Quiet Pond, but accommodating visitors can be quite a lot of work for us! To make it easier for us, we encourage that all interested visiting friends understand and do their best to follow the below:
- have a good idea of what they want their visit to be about, though we are happy to help you develop some ideas.
- be prepared to wait a little while for the visit (i.e., your post) to go live; roughly 1 – 2 months.
- be open to minor changes! Your friends at the Pond know their home best and we want you to have the best visit at the Pond.
- understand that The Quiet Pond is all about promoting and supporting diverse books and marginalised writers and that we will prioritise people who fit our mission of promoting diversity.
Interested in being featured?
Applications are closed and will be open in December – January! Complete the application by clicking here.