2021 – what a year! We’ve done more book reviews, hosted more friends (author guests!), and more month-long celebrations this year. On behalf of us at the Pond, I’d like to say a big thank you so much for your support for The Quiet Pond this year. It’s been an another amazing year, and we are so grateful for all of your enthusiasm and love and all of your visits!
With the amazing year that we have done, 2021 is going to start winding down soon – and with that, we need a little bit of a break. As satisfying and fun as doing Pond stuff is for us, it’s also a lot of work so we are going to take the opportunity to rest, recharge, and get ready for 2022, which will be a big year for us.
The Pond Book News will run next week and the week after (which will be our last The Pond Book News, as we only do once book news post on the first week in December), but other than that, we will not have new content between now and December 11th. However, our first post back will be our long-awaited Pondathon II readathon announcement – get excited! 💛
In case you missed it!
Since we’re not posting anything for a week and a half, why not check out on some posts that you may have missed this year? Here are some of our favourites:
- You Truly Assumed by Laila Sabreen
- When You Were Everything by Ashley Woodfolk
- Jade Legacy by Fonda Lee
- Not Here To Be Liked by Michelle Quach
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert
- An Interview with Chloe Gong, Author of These Violent Delights
- An Interview with Ryka Aoki, Author of Light from Uncommon Stars
- An Interview with Aaron H. Aceves, Author of This is Why They Hate Us
- An Interview with Sue Lynn Tan, Author of Daughter of the Moon Goddess
- An Interview with Alyssa Cole
- An Interview with Julian Winters, Author of The Summer of Everything
- A Discussion with Aliette de Bodard on the Themes of Abuse, Colonialism, & Healing in Fireheart Tiger
- An Interview with Jonny Garza Villa, Author of Fifteen Hundred Miles From the Sun
Book Recommendation Posts:
- 8 Books That Will Make You Cry, Break You, but Put You Back Together Again
- 12 Wholesome, Healing Reads for a Sad Day
- 11 Enemies/Rivals-to-Lovers Books to Read (and then Scream About in the DMs)