Our Friend is Here! is a guest feature at The Quiet Pond, where authors, creatives, and fellow readers, are invited to ‘visit’ the Pond! In Our Friend is Here! guest posts, our visitors (as their very own unique character!) have a friendly conversation about anything related to books or being a reader — and become friends with Xiaolong and friends.
Whether it is talking about books, exploring creative processes, or recommending books, Our Friend is Here is a way to connect, collaborate, and have fun at the Pond.
Interested in visiting us at the Pond?
If you are interested in visiting the Pond, we’d love to hear from you! Click here for more information and to learn more about who we feature and how to be featured.
Guest Feature Series
- Asian Heritage Month 2020 – During May, we hosted and featured 27 Asian authors and content creators. See the full list of posts here
- Pride Month 2020 – During June, we hosted and featured 20 queer authors and content creators. See the full list of posts here
- Latinx Heritage Month 2020 – Between September 15 – October 15, we hosted and featured 13 Latine authors and content creators. See the full list of posts here
- An Interview with Diana Pinguicha, Author of A Curse of Roses – On the Legend that Inspired Her Debut and Writing in a Second Language
- An Interview with Roanna Sylver, Author of Stake Sauce – On ‘Dys-hope-ia’, How Hope and Horror are Intertwined, and Honouring Corey Alexander
- An Interview with Remy Lai, Author of Fly on the Wall – On Turning Personal Stories into Comforts and Portraying Love in Families
- An Interview with Reimena Yee, Author of Séance Tea Party; On Making Comics, Ghosts, & Growing Up
- An Interview with Kay Solo, Author of Ghost Walk; On Her Latest Book ‘Moon and Flame’, Hope, Disability, and Identity
- An Interview with Hanna Alkaf, Author of The Girl and the Ghost; On Writing Friendship, Malaysian Childhoods, & Being True to Your Stories
- Author Interview with Christina Soontornvat for her middle grade debut, A Wish In The Dark
- Author Interview with Chloe Gong for her young adult debut, These Violent Delights
- Author Interview with Rena Barron for her young adult debut, Kingdom of Souls
- Author Interviews with the authors of the Underdog anthology
- Interviews with Michael Earp, Sofia Casanova, Tobias Madden & Vivian Wei, about ‘Discussing Relationships and How They Shape Us’
- Interviews with Jes Layton, KM Stamer-Squair, Sophie L Macdonald & Stacey Malacari, about ‘Exploring The Choices We Make’
- Interviews with Sarah Taviani, Felicity Martin, Cassi Dorian, and Kaneana May about ‘Life and What Gives It Meaning’
- Author Interview with Claudie Arseneault for her aromantic anthology, Common Bonds
- Author Interview with Hanna Alkaf for her young adult debut, The Weight of Our Sky