Our Friend is Here! is an ongoing guest feature series where The Quiet Pond features an author, book blogger or content creator to collaborate on a fun and exciting post! Xiaolong loves having visitors at the Pond and making new friends.
Whether it is talking about favourite books, exploring a creator’s process and experiences, or simply going on a fun adventure together, Our Friend is Here is a way to connect, collaborate, and have fun at the Pond.
Interested in being a Pond’s visiting friend?
Though we may personally invite authors/book bloggers on occasion, if you’re interested in visiting the Pond, we’d love to have you!
As a Pond’s visiting friend, you will get your very own Pond character drawn and be part of Xiaolong and the Pond friend’s story and be featured in a fun and creative way!
Interested in being featured?
Read our announcement post for more information and for the form!
Guest Feature Series
- An Interview with Wai Chim, Author of The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling; On Writing Histories, Diaspora Families, and Mental Illnesses
- An Interview with Jessica Kim, Author of Stand Up, Yumi Chung! On Comedy and Diaspora Korean Identity
- An Interview with Jason Tanamor, Author of Vampires of Portlandia; On Writing Filipino Folklore & Filipino-American Identity
- An Interview with Julie Abe, Author of Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch; On Japanese Influences and Writing Empowering Stories
- An Interview with Xiran Jay Zhao, Author of Iron Widow; On Feminist Fantasy, Giant Robots, & Diaspora Worldbuilding
- An Interview with Emery Lee, Author of Meet Cute Diary; On Eir Writing Journey, Trans Characters and Trans Joy
- Tashie Bhuiyan, Author of Counting Down With You, Shares Her Love Letter to Writing One’s Culture and Identity
- An Interview with Lyla Lee, Author of the Mindy Kim Series; On the Inspiration Behind Mindy Kim and Writing Korean Culture
- Katie Zhao, Author of The Dragon Warrior, On Embracing Our Inner Dragons
- An Interview with Adiba Jaigirdar, Author of The Henna Wars; On The Intersections of Queer & Muslim Identity, and Cultural Appreciation versus Appropriation
- An Interview with June Hur, Author of The Silence of Bones; On Craft, Homely Reminders, & Korean History
- Christina Li, Author of Clues to the Universe, On The Book that Helped Her See Herself
- Krisha, Book Blogger & Dancer, Recommends Her Favourite South Asian Books
- May Cho, Malaysian Brunei-Based Booktuber, On Why Representation Matters to Her
- An Interview with Henry Lien, Author of Peasprout Chen; On Immigrant Stories, Asian Speculative Fiction, and Celebrating Enthusiasm
- An Interview with Hena Khan, Author of Amina’s Voice & More to the Story; On Writing Young Muslim Characters and… A Sequel in the Works!
- Ikram, Book Blogger at Readlogy, On Her Experiences of Being a South-East Asian Reader
- An Interview with I.W. Gregorio, Author of This is My Brain in Love; On Being a Badass Teen Businesswoman, and Pretty Awesome Asian-Americans named Joce 😉
- An Interview with Sangu Mandanna, Author of A Spark of White Fire; On Retelling Mahābhārata, Free Will versus Fate, and the Stories Behind Her Books
- Jia, Book Blogger at A Book and Words, Recommends Her Favourite West Asian Books!
- An Interview with Yao Xiao, Author of Everything Is Beautiful, and I’m Not Afraid; On Being a Queer Chinese Immigrant and Bridging Different Worlds
- Charvi, Book Blogger at Not Just Fiction, On Authors of Colour Inserting Different Languages in Their Books
- An Interview with Naomi Hirahara, Author of Iced in Paradise; On Being a WOC Mystery Author, Lovable Curmudgeons, and Mystery Recs by PoC!
- An Interview with Aliette de Bodard, Author of the Dominion of the Fallen Series; On Writing Her French & Vietnamese Identities and Lunar New Year
- Mackenzie, Bookstagrammer and Book Blogger at Colour Me Read, Discusses The Girl From Everywhere – Both The Book & Herself
- A Conversation with Sylvia Bi, Publishing Design Assistant, On the Joy of Diversity in Fanart
- An Interview with Lauren Ho, Author of Last Tang Standing; On Her Experiences of Being a Chinese-Malaysian Woman and Humorous Asian Reads
- Author Interview with Christina Soontornvat for her middle grade debut, A Wish In The Dark
- Author Interview with Chloe Gong for her young adult debut, These Violent Delights
- Author Interview with Rena Barron for her young adult debut, Kingdom of Souls
- Author Interviews with the authors of the Underdog anthology
- Interviews with Michael Earp, Sofia Casanova, Tobias Madden & Vivian Wei, about ‘Discussing Relationships and How They Shape Us’
- Interviews with Jes Layton, KM Stamer-Squair, Sophie L Macdonald & Stacey Malacari, about ‘Exploring The Choices We Make’
- Interviews with Sarah Taviani, Felicity Martin, Cassi Dorian, and Kaneana May about ‘Life and What Gives It Meaning’
- Author Interview with Claudie Arseneault for her aromantic anthology, Common Bonds
- Author Interview with Hanna Alkaf for her young adult debut, The Weight of Our Sky
Essays and Discussions