CW (reviews as Xiaolong), Joce (reviews as Cuddle), and Skye (reviews as Sprout) are open to book review requests.
CW prefers diverse (i.e., books written by marginalised authors and/or are about marginalised characters) middle grade and young adult books. She prefers books that are #ownvoices, contemporary, science-fiction that has discourse, and fantasy. She does not review non-fiction, horror, poetry, or erotica, does not generally review adult fiction, and does not read books with over ~550 pages. CW is highly selective due to time restraints outside of blogging.
Joce prefers realistic/literary fiction contemporary, romance, mystery/thriller, select SFF, and select non-fiction and poetry. Joce strongly favors the voices of authors and characters who identify with marginalized groups (POC, LGBTQIA+, mental health challenges, physical disability, difference in socioeconomic status), and books by and about women.
Skye prefers high concept speculative fiction with tons of heart across all age categories, with a focus on intersectional, #ownvoices stories written by authors of color. She is fond of lush, descriptive prose as well as character-driven plot. Her miscellaneous loves include diverse fantasy, gothic horror, folklore retellings, sapphic romances, and novels-in-verse. She doesn’t review erotica, non-fiction, or gore, and generally shies away from books with heavy explicit themes.
- Our book reviews are honest and fair.
- We reserve the right to express our honest opinion and, if we have a negative opinion of the book, do not enjoy it, or find specific parts problematic, we may post a ‘negative’ book review where we share our honest opinions.
- We are not provided monetary compensation by any publisher or company.
- We reserve the right to not post a book review about a review copy.
- We reserve the right to post a short review if we do not have strong feelings or opinions about the book.
- Send all book review requests via our contact form or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the contents of your book review, ensure that you include the following information:
- Release date of the book and the book’s summary
- Why or how this book fits our preferences
- A timeframe for when you would prefer for us to post our book review
- Your book review request will be forwarded to CW, Joce, and Skye (if your book review request is not addressed to a specific reviewer).
- If interested in reviewing your book, CW, Joce and/or Skye will contact you directly.