The Quiet Pond celebrated Pride in 2020! We hosted 20 guests during Pride Month and celebrated queer identity, literature, and art with author interviews, blogger interviews, and discussion posts!
OUR PRIDE MONTH 2020 POSTS
- An Interview with Aiden Thomas, Author of Cemetery Boys; On Writing A Love Letter to Their Community and Writing an Unapologetic Latinx, Gay, and Trans Story
- An Interview with Julia Ember, Author of Ruinsong; On Queer Retellings of Classic Stories and Sapphic Book Recommendations
- An Interview with Kacen Callender, Author of Felix Ever After; On Writing Themself Into Stories and Telling Stories That Empower Trans and Enby Teens
- An Interview with Michelle Kan, Author of the Tales of the Thread Series; On Writing Aromantic Stories, Chinese Fairytales, and Subverting Popular Tropes
- An Interview with Alechia Dow, Author of The Sound of Stars; On Writing Hope and Resistance and Demisexual Representation
- An Interview with Cande, Book Blogger and Bookstagrammer; On Coming Into Your Queer Identity, The Role of Media, and Amazing Queer Latinx Books
- Interview with Anniek, Cat, and Chantal; On The Intersections Between Disability and Queer Identity
- An Interview with Shenwei, Book Blogger; On The Intersections of Being Asian, Queer and Trans, and On Queer Fantasies!
Discussions with an Author
- A Discussion with Nina Varela, Author of Crier’s War; If You Don’t Get It, Maybe It’s Not For You
- Book Recommendations: 21 Books with Gay and M/M Rep To Read and Love During Pride Month!
- Book Recommendations: 23 Books with Sapphic & F/F Rep To Brighten Your Reading During Pride Month!
- Book Recommendations: 22 Books with Bisexual & Pansexual Rep That I Loved – and You’ll Love Too!
- May, Book Blogger, and Zhui Ning, Editor, Share Their Favourite Queer Asian Reads!
- Book Recommendations: The Beauty Beyond the Binary; 20 Books with Trans, Non-Binary, and Genderqueer Rep
- Book Recommendations: A Love Letter to 18 Books with Questioning, Asexual and Aromantic Rep; You are Valid
Discussions with a Content Creator
- A Discussion with Fadwa, Book Blogger and Booktuber, Discusses ‘I am Muslim, Queer and Not a Contradiction’
- Jozi, Bookstagrammer & Baker, Shares Her Pride-Themed Cookie Recipe
- A Discussion with Brody, Booktuber at Et Tu, Brody? Pride Isn’t Pride Without Intersectionality – And Here Are Six Books To Show That
- A Discussion with Nicole, Writer and Book Blogger; On the Struggles of Coming Out as Bisexual: Religion, Relationships, and Returning Home To Yourself
- A Discussion with Holly, Blogger and Librarian; Ebb and Flow: Navigating Queerness, Chronic Illness, and Finding the Right Words
- A Discussion with Min, Book Blogger; Growing Up Sapphic in Latin American and the Issue of Complex Representation
- A Discussion with Carolina, Book Blogger; The Weight of Being ‘Out and Proud’: How Trans Books Helped Me Feel Validated
- A Discussion with Em, Book Blogger Behind Em’s Bookish Musings; Being Aro-Ace and Yoruba Muslim
- A Discussion with Kait, Book Blogger behind Kaitlyn’s Cozy Reading Corner; My Journey Through Queerness (Or: Kait Decides to Ramble for 3,000 Words)
- A Discussion with Joel, Booktuber Behind Fictional Fates; If Your Activism Isn’t Intersectional, It Isn’t Activism